Tuesday, February 1, 2011

One Size Fits Most Water Bottle Sling

Before today when I would go for a walk I would just carry my water bottle around. Now I don't have to because I made a sling to carry my bottle in that leaves my hands free to use my stop watch and my mp3 player. I just slip the handle around my wrist and go. I used worsted acrylic yarn and a J hook. Gauge isn't really important because it stretches to fit many kinds of bottles.

Ch 4 join with sl st to make a ring
Rnd 1 ch 4 (counts as a dc and ch 1 throughout) *dc in the ring ch1* repeat from * 8 times. Join with sl st in the third ch. 
Rnd 2 ch4 *dc ch 1 twice in the ch space* repeat from * 8 times. dc ch 1 in the last space join with sl st to third chain
Rnd 3-12 ch 4 *dc ch1 in the next ch space* repeat 18 times join with sl st to third ch
Rnd 13 ch 1 sc in the first st then in each st and ch space around join with sl st
Handle ch1 sc in the next 5 sc ch1 turn repeat until it measures 8 inches. Fasten off and leave a long tail for stitching. Fold over and stitch it to the sc rnd several times to make it secure and strong. Tie off and weave in the ends.

No comments:

Post a Comment