Saturday, February 16, 2013

Board Games, a New Obsession, Plus a Craft.

I know I haven't posted a blog in over a year but I was employed and busy for most of that time. These days I'm no longer employed and I've discovered a new hobby/obsession. That would be board games. I happened to catch Wil Wheaton's show Table Top on youtube and since then I've been obsessed. Based on an episode of that show I bought the game Zombie Dice. In Zombie Dice you need a method to mark points, up until tonight we had been using pennies. I don't like handling pennies a lot, it may be in my head but they make my hands smell weird. Since I don't like the pennies I decided to make my own markers. I could have just bought a bag of flat marbles and decide to be done with it but I wanted to have brains dang it. So here is how I made my Zombie Dice braaaaiiiins markers.

To make these you'll need clear flat glass marbles, white glue, access to a decent printer and a sheet full of printed out brains. I just went to the interwebs and found a cartoony picture of a brain then repeated it at about 3/4 of an inch across a page. I decided that the light color wasn't cartoony enough so I colored it pink with a magic marker to make it pop a little bit more.



Then I put a dot of glue in the middle of each brain and placed a flat marble onto it, pressing down to make sure the glue spread out and covered the whole picture. Then I let them dry and trimmed the extra paper off.

I really like the way they turned out, the marble magnifies the image so it looks larger than the print out. That helps with the detail you might lose from making the image so small. Now we can play Zombie Dice in style and I can get rid of those pennies. 






No comments:

Post a Comment