Thursday, April 1, 2010

Easy crochet ripple afghan

Several months ago I came across some Caron Bliss yarn in five bright fun colors at my favorite Dollar Tree. I bought all of it without knowing what to do with it. Well it sat in my stash for a while until I decided I had to do something with it. I was already working on a larger ripple afghan so I decided I would make a baby sized one with my Bliss. I had intended to save this in case I ever needed a shower gift for a little girl but my mom confiscated it to use as a lap blanket. I have never written a pattern down before but it is pretty simple so hopefully I didn't mess it up but we'll see.

You need 3 skeins each of Caron Bliss in (a) Snow, (b) Sour Apple, (c) Majestic, (d) Cotton Candy and (e) Mango
1 K hook

with color a Ch144

Row  1: with color a sc in the second ch from the hook, sc in the next ch, sk the next chain, * 1 sc in the next 10 chs, 3 sc in the next ch, 1 sc in the next 10 chs sk the next 2 chains, repeat from * until there are three chs left then sk 1 ch and sc in the next two chs change color when the last two loops are on the hook by drawing up color b. Cut color a

Row 2(and on)  ch1 and turn. sc in both loops of the next two scs, sk the next sc, * 1 sc in the back loop only of the next 10 sc, 3 sc in the back loop of the next sc, 1 sc in the back loop only of the next 10 sc sk the next 2 sc repeat from * until there are three scs left, sk 1 sc, 1 sc in both loops of the next 2 scs, ch1 turn

Repeat Row 2 until you have 45 inches make sure you repeat the full color pattern. Crochet 2 rows of each color to make one color pattern. Crochet over the tails while you are working so you don't have as many ends to weave in. Fasten off and weave in ends.

No comments:

Post a Comment