Monday, September 20, 2010

Cinnamon Raisin Muffins

It's official, I love muffins. This is my third muffin recipe and I'm hooked. I now look for things to try out new recipes with because I love em so much. I would rather have a muffin that pretty much any other sweet. Well maybe not chocolate chip cookies but I make those from scratch too. These are really good. They remind me a lot of cinnamon raisin bread but they are really moist. Raisin bread is always dry. I think maybe if I were being a little bad I might add a glaze to them but they don't really need it, they are plenty sweet on their own. They would also be good for breakfast or maybe even a snack.


1 17oz jar of apple butter
1 6oz package of raisins
1/2 a cup of granulated sugar
5 tbsps of butter softened
1 tsp of vanilla extract
1 egg lightly beaten
1/2 tbsp cinnamon
1 1/2 cup of flour
1 tsp each of baking powder and baking soda
1/2 tsp of salt 
 
Preheat the oven to 350 degrees (my oven runs a little hot so I usually back off from the heat. If your oven is a little cold you might wanna go for 375) grease 12 muffin cups or line them with paper. Start off by thoroughly mixing the apple butter, vanilla, egg, butter and sugar. Mix it until it is really well combined. Next combine all of the dry ingredients together and mix them well. Add the dry to the wet and mix it just until it is combined. Toss in the raisins and mix it just enough to get them incorporated. It makes a thick batter that is almost like a wet dough. Now put an even amount of the batter in the cups and bake for about 25 minutes. Baking time will vary but you will know it is done when you put a toothpick in the center and it comes out clean. Yields 12 muffins.

No comments:

Post a Comment