Friday, September 24, 2010

Lumpy Primate Muffins

I really like ice cream and my favorite flavor is made by those guys from Vermont. This muffin recipe mimics that flavor. It is a banana muffin with walnuts and chocolate chips and it is awesome. I ate two of them fresh from the oven and then another one once they cooled. I think this is my favorite recipe so far. So enjoy it and drop me a line if you try it or any of my other recipes and let me know how you like them.

4 very ripe bananas
1/2 cup of chopped walnuts
1/2 cup of chocolate chips
1/2 a cup of granulated sugar
5 tbsps of butter softened
1 egg lightly beaten
1 1/2 cup of flour
1 tsp each of baking powder and baking soda
1/2 tsp of salt 
 
Preheat the oven to 350 degrees (my oven runs a little hot so I usually back off from the heat. If your oven is a little cold you might wanna go for 375) grease 10 muffin cups or line them with paper. Mash the bananas really well with a fork. It should look almost like a peanut butter consistency. Thoroughly mix the banana mash, egg, butter and sugar. Mix it until it is really well combined. Next combine all of the dry ingredients together and mix them well. Add the dry to the wet and mix it just until it is combined. Toss in the chocolate chips and nuts and mix it just enough to get them incorporated. It makes a thick batter that is almost like a wet dough. Now put an even amount of the batter in the cups and bake for about 20 minutes. Baking time will vary but you will know it is done when you put a toothpick in the center and it comes out clean. Yields 10 muffins.

No comments:

Post a Comment