Wednesday, April 27, 2011

Iron Craft #17: Royal Wedding

This week the Iron Craft challenge had me stumped for a bit but eventually I came up with the idea of doing a monogram. I dunno what I'm gonna do with the monogram but I think it fits in with the wedding theme well because a lot of people get monogrammed items as wedding and anniversary gifts. I also stuck with my theme of trying new things for IC challenges by trying out a new embroidery stitch for this project. The B is done in stem stitch, I decided to leave it that way and not fill it in because I like the look of the outline. The new stitch I learned was a padded satin stitch which I used to do the leaves, flowers and berries. Satin stitch was easy but time consuming. All of the things I used satin stitch for took twice as long as the stem stitches. I have a ton of ideas for what to use my monogram for from leaving it in a hoop as art to making it the front of a throw pillow and more. I'll post when I eventually decided what it's going to be.

Forgot to mention that the monogram pattern came from needlenthread.com.

4 comments:

  1. Good for you tackling a new stitch. I hate doing satin stitch because I can never make it look right

    ReplyDelete
  2. I learned it via my favorite teacher, internet videos. The video in question was on needlenthread.com. There are a ton of great embroidery how to videos on there.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I cannot do the satin stitch to save my life. I try and try. Your work came out beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you Lolly :D I don't think I realized it was a difficult thing for most people. I just followed the directions on the site. The video does say that the key to a good satin stitch is to use a single strand of floss.

    ReplyDelete