Wednesday, April 6, 2011

Iron Craft Challenge # 14 - Wish You Were Here Postcards

This week the Iron Craft challenge theme was postcards. At first I was rather stumped because paper is not my usual medium but I tried a few things. The first ones I did were altered book pages and they are too embarrassing to show pictures of. Then I got some scrapbook paper and tried some things with it. Those are slightly less embarrassing, enough so that I can show pictures. The first is an owl and the second is a masquerade mask of an owl.




I didn't like either of them, they looked too much like cutting and pasting that a kid would do. I realized that, aside from origami, I just wasn't experienced enough with paper crafts to pull that off. I thought about just not submitting anything this week but then I had an epiphany of sorts. I realized that there wasn't anything in the post on Iron Craft that said I had to make my postcard out of paper. I went through my stash looking for something suitable for a postcard and I came across my bag of felt. From there I created a scene that one might find on a post card and I liked it. There was a problem though, it was unfinished and the raw side was showing, so I made a post card backing and sewed the two pieces together to cover up the raw edges. I really liked the way it turned out so I made another one. I have yet another one in the works but it won't be finished in enough time to submit it to Iron Craft.

 

2 comments:

  1. Hi ,
    Thank you for the postcard. I got it today
    love
    Rashmi

    ReplyDelete